Multi-objective Economic Emission Load Dispatch with Nonlinear Fuel Cost and non-inferior Emission Level Functions for a 30-bus IEEE test case system
Prof. Dr. S. K. Dash, Prof . S. Mohanty
Volume 1: Issue 3, July 2014, pp 155-159
Prof. Dr. S. K. Dash1
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Madanpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Prof . S. Mohanty2
2Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Madanpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Abstract:-An ideal multi-objective optimization method for economic emission load dispatch (EELD) with non-linear fuel cost and emission level functions in power system operation is presented. In this paper, the problem treats economy, emission, and transmission line security as vital objectives. The load constraints and operating constraints are taken into account. Assuming goals for individual objective functions, the multi-objective problem is converted into a uniqueobjective optimization by the goal-attainment method, which is then taken care of by the simulated annealing (SA) technique. The solution can offer a best compromising solution in a sense close to the requirements of the system designer. Results for a 30-bus IEEE test case system have been utilized to demonstrate the applicability and authenticity of the proposed method..
Index Terms:-economy, emission, transmission, EELD
- ELGERD, O.I.: 'Electric energy systems theory' (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1971)
- HAPP, H.H.: 'Optimal power dispatch — a comprehensive survey',IEEE Trans., 1977, PAS-96, pp. 841-854
- Zahavi, J., and Eisenberg, L., 1975, ―Economic Emission Load Dispatch, IEEE Trans., Vol. SMC-5, pp. 485–489.
- Nanda, J., Kothari, D. P., and Lingamurthy, K. S., 1998, ―Economic Emission Load Dispatch through Goal Programming Technique, IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion., Vol. 3, pp. 26–32.
- Yokoyama, R., Bae, S. H., Morita, T., and Sasaki, H., 1988, ―Multi-Objective Optimal Generation Dispatch based on Probability Security Criteria, IEEE Trans., Vol. PWRS-3, pp. 317–324.
- Nanda, J., Lakshman, H., and Kothari, M. L., 1994, ―Economic Emission Load Dispatch with Line Flow Constraints using a Classical Technique, IEE Proc.-Generation Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 141, pp. 1–10.
- Wong, K. P., and Fung, C. C., 1993, ―Simulated Annealing based Economic Dispatch Algorithm, IEE Proc.-Generation Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 140, pp. 509– 515.
- Wong, K. P., and Wong, Y. W., 1994, ―Short-Term Hydrothermal Scheduling Part I: Simulated Annealing Approach, IEE Proc.-Generation Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 141, pp. 497–501.
- Yang, H. T., Yang, P. C., and Huang, C. L., 1996, ―Evolutionary Programming based Economic Dispatch for Units with Non-Smooth Fuel Coast Functions, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 11, pp. 112–118.
- Gent, M. R., and Lamont, J. W., 1971, ―Minimum Emission Dispatch, IEEE Trans., Vol. PAS-90, pp. 2650–2660.
- Ng, W. Y., 1981, ―Generalized Generation Distribution Factors for Power System Security Evaluations, IEEE Trans., Vol. PAS-100, pp. 1001–1005.
- Nanda, J., Bijwe, P. R., 1977, ―A Novel Approach for Generation of Transmission Loss Formula Coe• cients, IEEE PES, Summer Meeting, Paper A77-599-4.
- Gembicki, F. W., and Haimes, Y. Y., 1975, ―Approach to Performance and Sensitivity Multi-objective Optimization: The Goal Attainment Method, IEEE Trans., Vol. AC20, pp. 769–771.
- Chankong, V., and Haimes, Y. Y., 1983, Multi-objective Decision Making: Theory and Methodology, New York, North-Holland.
- Chu, K. C., 1970, ―On the Non-inferior Set for the Systems with Vector Valued Objective Functions, IEEE Trans., Vol. AC-15, pp. 591–593.
- Aarts, E., and Korst, J. M., 1989, Simulated Annealing and Boltzmann Machines: A Stochastic Approach to Combinatorial Optimization and Neural Computing, New York, John Wiley.
- Kirkparick, S., Gelatt, C. D., Jr., and Vecchi, M. P., 1983, ―Optimization by Simulated Annealing, Science, Vol. 220, pp. 671–680.
To view full paper, Download here .