Experimental Analysis of Heat Transfer Enhancement through Pipe using Baffles: A Review
J. M. Lanjewar, Mr. S. A. Borikar
Volume 1: Issue 3, July 2014, pp 151-154
J. M. Lanjewar1
1M. Tech. Student, Mechanical Engineering Department, Kavikulguru Institute of Technology and Science, Ramtek.(India)
Mr. S. A. Borikar2
2Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Kavikulguru Institute of Technology and Science, Ramtek.(India)
Abstract:-Energy saving plays a important role in industrial development as well as reducing environmental impact.The necessity of energy saving is growing because of the current energy prices. Reducing energy cost can be achieved by producing more efficient equipments. Heat exchangers are the most important components in the refrigeration, automotives, chemical and process industries.So there is a need for the cost effective, more efficient and compact heat exchanger in the industrial market.In passive heat transfer enhancement strategy the use of inserts in channel is commonly used. Considering the increase in energy demand, effective heat transfer enhancement techniques have become important task . The present paper is a review of different types of inserts and its arrangement. According to recent studies inserts are known to be economic heat transfer augmentation tools..
Index Terms:-Baffle, heat transfer enhancement, Inserts, Augmentation.
- Kang-Hoon Ko, N.K. Anand “Use of porous baffles to enhance heat transfer in a rectangular channel”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 46 (2003) 4191–4199.
- Sheng-Chung Tzeng , Tzer-Ming Jeng , Yen-Chan Wang “Experimental study of forced convection in asymmetrically heated sintered porous channels with/without periodic baffles” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 49 (2006) 78–88.
- Irfan Kurtbas “The effect of different inlet conditions of air in a rectangular channel on convection heat transfer: Turbulence flow”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 33 (2008) 140–152.
- Monsak Pimsarn, Parkpoom Sriromreun, and Pongjet Promvonge,“Augmented Heat Transfer in Rectangular Duct with Angled Z-Shaped Ribs” PEA-AIT International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Development: Issues and Strategies (ESD 2010) The Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2-4 June 2010.
- R.M. Majumdar, V.M. Kriplani “Internal cooling augmentation using inclined perforated baffles in rectangular channel”, International Journal of mechanics and Thermodynamics. Volume 2, Number 2 (2011), pp. 113-126.
- Ahmet Tandiroglu , ―Effect of flow geometry parameters on transient heat transfer for turbulent flow in circular tube with baffle inserts‖. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 49(2006) 1559-1567.
- Sutapat Kwankaomeng, Sompol Skullong, Thavee Teschareon and Pongjet Promvonge “Thermal Characteristics in Square Channel with 45° Staggered Baffle inserts”, PEA-AIT International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Development: Issues and Strategies (ESD 2010) The Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2-4 June 2010.
To view full paper, Download here .