Design and Fabrication of Multipurpose Portable Wooden Table
Jamaluddin khan, Saddam.H Golandaz, Obed Kureshi, Shanawaz Khan, Sachin Madavi
Volume 1: Issue 3, July 2014, pp 174-178
1Mechanical Engineering Department, Umrer College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
Saddam.H Golandaz, Obed Kureshi, Shanawaz Khan, Sachin Madavi2
2Mechanical Engineering Department, Umrer College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
Abstract:-In the field of manufacturing engineering product design plays a key role in turns of it geometrical like size, shape and its easiness for users. But in this paper we have to design a single universal table for fulfilling multiple purpose in a single product. Multipurpose wooden table is a table which can transform into tool, chair, comfort chair, tea table, centre table, Tea table, drawing table and dining table and this is achieve with the help of different mechanical linkages such as spring return, sliding joints ,hinges, etc. To prepare our product the type of material should be properly selected considering design, safety and strength. 1. Wood: wood is readily available in market. it is economical. It is easily machine. Less in weight hence good for portability 2. Brass: Has good mechanical properties. it is corrosion resistance. Self lubricating 3. Mild steel: it has high tensile strength. Economical to use. Available in standard sizes. The design of table is made with the help of Pro-E software which help us to make our visualization into reality And with the help of ANSYS software the different stress are found out which acts on our when it would be made..
Index Terms:-Wooden Table, mild steel, brass, Ansys
- Muhammad Zulfadlibin Che Zakaria, Nov2008, Design Of Fabricate Multipurpose Portabl Desk, Core Design magazine & Resource.
- Mohan Kumar R.1, Lohit H. S.2, Manas Ranjan Mishra 3, Md. Basheer Ahamed4, 1 April Design Of Multipurpose Wheel Chair For Physically Challenged And Elder People, Ethnographic Research.
- S.M. Sapuan1*, N. Harun1, and K.A. Abbas2,23 February 2007, Design And Fabrication Of A Multipurpose Table Using A Composite Of Eposy And Banana Pseudostem Fibres, Journal Of Tropical Agriculture 45 (1-2): 66-68.
- Diego Discacciati, Aug. 31 2006,Multipurpose Table For Furnishing, United States Patent Pub. No. US 2006/0191446 A1.
- Carole Graham and Linda Demmers, mar, 2001, Furniture For Libraries, Libris Design Magazine.
- Lacey–jane walsh, Jun16 2013, Multipurpose Designed Chairs, Library Of Congress Cataloging.
To view full paper, Download here .